Saturday, January 9, 2010

Beef Stew


This is what I use for Beef Stew. I buy the McCormick Seasoning packet and follow the directions on the back.

2lbs stew beef (Sometimes I just use one and it turns out fine)
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp oil (I use veg. oil)
3 c. water ( I do about 4)
5 c cut-up fresh vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, onions and celery

Coat beef with four. Heat oil in a deep skillet or dutch oven on medium heat. Add part of the beef to seer and brown meat on all sides. Remove and cook remaining meat. Once all meat is cooked, stir in veggies, seasoning packet, water and meat.

You can cook it two different ways. the instructions say to just do it on the stove top, but sometimes I cook it in the oven.

Stove Top Instructions: Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 45minutes or until veggies are tender.

Oven Directions: Pre-heat oven to 275. Cover stew and let cook for about 2 hours or until the veggies are tender.

If the stew is not thick enough for you, add some more flour.

Stew is good on the first day, but let it sit in the fridge over night and it is great! Enjoy!

No comments: